Rezūm has been proven to reduce urinary symptoms for many men who have been diagnosed with an enlarged prostate, or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
As a minimally invasive procedure, Rezūm has demonstrated fewer side effects compared to those typically seen with surgical therapies, but as with any interventional procedure, some of the following side effects may temporarily occur:
- Painful urination
- Blood in urine
- Blood in semen
- Frequent urination
- Inability to urinate or completely empty the bladder
- Need for short-term catheterization
Most of these events resolve within 3 weeks of the procedure, but there is a possibility some of these effects may be prolonged. Please talk with your physician about ways to potentially minimize the effects of these risks. Patients have found that the following options may help relieve discomfort during the short-term healing process:
- Take a mild pain medication such as Tylenol.
- Try a warm bath or sitting on a hot water bottle.
- Eliminate caffeine, chocolate, and alcohol from your diet.