Rezūm Water Vapor Therapy
Rezūm Water Vapor Therapy is a treatment for men 50 years or older to reduce prostate tissue and relieve urinary symptoms caused by an enlarged prostate, or BPH.
Potential risks associated with Rezūm Water Vapor Therapy include, but are not limited to:
- painful or frequent urination
- blood in the urine or semen
- decrease in ejaculatory volume
- urinary tract infection (UTI)
- inability to urinate or completely empty the bladder
- urgent need to urinate
- inability to ejaculate
- urinary incontinence
- inflammation of the epididymis (a tube at the back of the testicle that carries sperm)
- worsening erectile dysfunction
- pain/discomfort with ejaculation
- pelvic or penile pain/discomfort
- poor or splayed urine stream
- inflammation of the prostate gland
- scarring and narrowing of the urethra
In rare cases, the following side effects may occur:
- narrowing of the bladder neck (area of the bladder that connects to the urethra)
- bladder stone
- severe infection
During the healing phase following the procedure, patients may experience continued or worsening BPH symptoms, which may require the use of a catheter for several days. It is important to talk with your doctor about the benefits and risks associated with Rezūm Water Vapor Therapy.
Clinical studies show that many men living with BPH experience symptom relief with Rezūm Water Vapor Therapy.1 It’s an option for those who’ve given up on watchful waiting and lifestyle changes, men who’ve stopped or don't want to start taking BPH medications, or men not interested in other minimally invasive or surgical BPH procedures.
- McVary KT, Rogers T, Roehrborn CG. Rezūm water vapor thermal therapy for lower urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia: 4-year results from randomized controlled study. Urology. 2019 Apr;126:171-9.
Caution: U.S. Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
Content on this web page is for Informational Purposes only and does not constitute medical advice and should not be used for medical diagnoses. Boston Scientific strongly recommends that you consult with your physician on all matters pertaining to your health or to address any clinical/medical questions.
All images are the property of Boston Scientific. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Rezum.com is a website sponsored by Boston Scientific.